The Conqueror Review



In The Conqueror, Bryan Litfin takes us to Ancient Rome. Liftin’s writing style is intriguing and the story line flows well as the reader is taken back in time to see the cultures of the day.

If this were general market, I probably would have given it five stars, but since it is marketed as Christian fiction, I cannot. Liftin uses such descriptions of a sexual nature, that I would not feel comfortable giving this to my teenage son to read (and that is really disappointing as he was chomping at the bit to read this). I do understand that Roman culture was often like this, but I think in Christian fiction, we have to tread the fine line of how we portray situations and how we describe something. 

In all, the book was well done with the exception of the sexual edge to it in areas. 

I was given a copy of this book by the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review, and all opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Gasp Review and Giveaway

The Prince and the Prodigal

Forget and Now Review and Giveaway