Star of Persia Review

I have been a fan of Jill Eileen Smith since I read Sarai (my first book by her), but this book absolutely blew me away! I can now say that The Patriarchs is my favorite series and this is my favorite book by her!
Smith takes a story that is relatively short in the Bible and does phenomenal world building through thorough research. The characters are extremely believable, and every possible scenario she dreams up is not contradicted by Scripture (remember, this is Biblical Fiction - authors do take liberty, but good authors make sure nothing contradicts the actual accounts in the Bible).
The storyline grabbed my attention from the beginning and I loved how Vashti was portrayed.

I was provided a book from the publisher and was not required to give a review. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Gasp Review and Giveaway

Forget and Now Review and Giveaway

Bridge of Gold Review