The Roll of the Drums Review

In The Roll of the Drums, Jan Drexler takes us back to the Amish of Weaver’s Creek. We get a chance to follow the older, single daughter Ruby as she finds God’s purpose for her life.
I really enjoyed the healing themes found throughout Mrs Drexler’s books. No one is perfect in this life, not even the Amish, but God offers healing to all those who admit what had happened and start the healing process.
My favorite illustration in the book was the splinter - the literal and the figurative one. Mrs Drexler blended the two together and pulled it off seamlessly.
I’ll be honest - I am not as brushed up on my American history as I should be, but reading different periods of history helps my interest to spark. The Roll of Drums has done that, and I am now eager to  research more into the Civil War just from reading a well written fiction book from that era.
Fans of Beverly Lewis, Wanda Brunstetter, and Suzanne Woods Fisher will enjoy these books by Jan Drexler.
I received a complementary copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own and I was not required to give a review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Gasp Review and Giveaway

Forget and Now Review and Giveaway

Bridge of Gold Review