Laurel’s Dream Review

Wow!!! Another brilliant new to me author! I had never read nor heard of this author before a Facebook group I am part of did a book club based around this book. No offense meant by that, but I feel like I was living under a rock until recently when this group opened up my eyes to tooons of different authors!
Pepper Basham’s writing touched my soul with this one. I never laugh out loud when reading. Like, I rarely even smile. I always do it internally, but I’m an introvert and not very expressive like that. This book had me laughing out loud before I knew what was happening! But, after turning the page, I was suddenly crying! Then laughing on the next page!
Pepper portrayed the mountain people in a way that I feel was extremely appropriate. The language got me in the mood for a historic mountain tale. The kindred spirit of the mountain people was thoroughly expressed. I am not very familiar with the Blue Ridge Mountain people, but I do know that I went to the Smoky Mountains after the huge fire they had a few years back and the people were knit together in a way that few of us have the privilege to know and understand.
I will definitely be finding more of Pepper’s books as this one was phenomenal!!

Comments

  1. THANK YOU so much for this!!! I'm thrilled you enjoyed your trip to Maple Springs :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Gasp Review and Giveaway

Forget and Now Review and Giveaway

Bridge of Gold Review