Of Fire and Lions Review

I absolutely loved this book (as with all of Mesu’s stuff to date!)!! It took me longer to get through than usual because I started out on audiobook, and it is always difficult for me to finish audiobooks. I ended up getting the book and finished the final 100 pages in just a bit over a day. I stayed up late bawling my eyes out and finishing the book actually. 
I loved this book because it makes you think. We know Daniel was a prophet. We know he was there at the time of his friends being thrown in the fiery furnace. We know he got thrown in the lion’s den. BUT, there was so much of his story that the Bible doesn’t spell out for us (if it spelled everything about everyone  out, I don’t think I would be able to carry it around!! 😉). Mesu does an excellent job of reading between the lines of scripture. She thoroughly researches and doesn’t write contrary to what the Bible says, but rather complimentary fiction to what may have been.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Gasp Review and Giveaway

Forget and Now Review and Giveaway

Childhood Review and Giveaway!